- Posted by Amy
- On April 18, 2017
This was my mother’s day gift this year. I love any kids craft that includes handprints. If you throw in some sparkles and turn it into a butterfly, then I’m truly thrilled.
My son made this butterfly for me at the local playgroup. It’s really easy to make and has the added personal touch of your beloved little person’s handprints.
- Card or paper
- Glitter or sparkly confetti
- Pipe cleaners
What you do:
- Use the paint to make your hand prints
- Cut out your butterfly body
- Draw the butterfly face
- Glue your glitter and confetti on to the body
- Once your hand prints are dry, cut them out
- Tape the pipe cleaner antenna on to the head
- Staple the hand print wings on to your butterfly body
A Truly Personal Gift
This is one crafted gift that I will be keeping. I know it’s a craft that my son enjoyed making – I mean, what’s not to like? Messy paint, gluing, sparkles – it’s all in there.
Printable to Keep Children Occupied
If you missed my previous boredom jar printable – fear not. I will share it again now. A boredom jar is a jar or container filled with activities. When your child tells you they are bored – simply send them to the jar. They can then draw an activity at random to keep them occupied.
If you have any requests for printables that would make life easier for you, let me know in the comments and I’ll see what I can do.